Over the last several months many things have changed in my life; I moved (again), Taylor turned 3, I started a new job, and I think I may be falling into an actual relationship.
We will start with what I didn’t do on new years. I never set any real resolutions! After mulling it over for the last few weeks I think I have a few goals that are attainable in the course of 2009.
1. Quit smoking – FOR GOOD! – this is something I have struggled with for the last few years. I do not have the self control or rather I choose not to have the self control to do some of the most basic things to make my life better and to feel better both physically and emotionally. When it comes down to it two things put this into pwlerspective for me. First this girl that I really like will not date a smoker, with good reason, it is nasty habbit. Second, and the most important, my daughter knows I smoke, and she looked at me the other day and said “Daddy, you need to quit smoking.” which hit me like a ton of bricks. So that’s it I smoked the last cigarette in my posession about 30 minutes ago. Next is the few days of withdrawl and then the freedom (and extra money saved) of not being bound to a nicotine addiction for the rest of my life.
2. As of today I weigh 240 pounds. The most I have ever weighed and more than I ever want to weigh again. part of my lack of getting into shape has been not being able to breath due to my smoking. Starting in the morning I plan to do a few sit ups and a few push ups to get me started and work my way into a full routine over then next few weeks. My goal is 210 by summer.
3. I have been putting off getting back in school for long enough. I’m starting right away by taking some continuing education classes to improve my computer application knowledge and forcing myself to learn new skills outside of IT, just incase my job gets cut in the failing economy.
4. I have come to terms that I do not control my money well at all. I am already starting to revise my lifestyle to make the money I have work for me and of course my daughter. Buying in bulk to save trips to that god awful place called walmart, where so much money is spent on the useless items. Possibly taking on a second job for a while to pay off bills and find nice piece of propert or a small house in Clinton or Fulton or maybe Morrison for Tay and I.
5. Finally I commit to following through on these resolutions no matter what happens in my life to detur me.
I ask for support and help from all my friends and family to complete my goals and make 2009 a great turning point in my life.